The status of the search for the next State Librarian is summarized below.
· Preliminary screening of the current pool of applicants has been concluded;
· Phone interviews with a select number of candidates are about to conclude;
· Committee Chair, Liz Hood, envisions scheduling a pool of finalists for onsite interviews by first week of October @ the Cultural Education Center, here in Albany;
· Deputy Commissioner for Cultural Education, Jeffrey W. Cannell, seeks to introduce the successful candidate at the forthcoming 2008 New York Library Association Annual Conference scheduled for November 5 – 8, 2008, in Saratoga Springs, New York;
· Search Committee membership (Up-dated) : Michael Borges, Executive Director, NYLA ; Josh Cohen, Executive Director, Mid-Hudson Library System; Frank D’Andraia, Dean & Director of Libraries, University at Albany, State University of New York; Lisa Duncan, Director, Technical Services & Systems, Cultural Education Center; Dottie Hiebling, Executive Director, Metropolitan NY Library Council; Liz Hood, Chair of the Search Committee and Director, Office of ETV & Public Broadcasting, NYS Education Department; Christine Kleinegger, representing the Public Employees Federation, Historical Survey , NYS Museum; Barbara Lilley, Program Officer, Library Development, Cultural Education Center; John Monahan, School Library System Director, Putnam/Northern Westchester BOCES; Frank Munoz, Associate Commissioner, Office of the Professions, NYSED; David Walsh, Chief Information Officer, NYSED; Chris Ward, State Archivist and Assistant Commissioner, NYS Archives, Cultural Education Center; Pat Whalen, representing the Civil Service Employees Association, Exhibits/Public Programs, NYS Museum.